Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Karan Barber

What does she do?  Currently, I am the Summer Camp Director at Carolina Raptor Centers Kids for Conservation Summer Camps, pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Environmental Studies and a minor in Education from Queens University of Charlotte.  Environmental Education Consultant for BarneysAlmanac.com
Favorite part of earning her certification.  My favorite part of earning my certification was the fantastic educational material I received from my many workshops. I enjoyed the interaction with equally passionate participants from the environmental community including park rangers, NCWRC staff, teachers, and other environmental educators.

Certification experience that stands out for her.  I have many favorite certification experiences, but the most surreal are my Southern Appalachian Naturalist Courses from the Great Smoky Mountain Institute at Tremont.  This was a proverbial return to my roots as I attend a weeklong camp there in the seventies with my elementary school. 
Her community partnership project: My project entailed painting vertebrate fauna tracks and signs along the railing in front of the raptor mews. A native tree leaf was added adjacent to the corresponding species. A key to the tracks and leaves will be available in the visitor services center of Carolina Raptor Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment