What does she do? I just graduated from UNC-Greensboro with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (K-6). I plan to teach at an elementary school in NC.
Favorite part of earning her certification. My favorite part of earning my certification was being outdoors while also getting to experience teaching outside and watching young learners engaged in science.
Certification experience that stands out for her. The certification experience that stands out to me the most is all the hiking and time spent at parks or rivers that I did with a great group of teaching friends. This was a fantastic experience from going geocaching to catching frogs, toads, and salamanders to wearing waders for the first time to fishing to seeing and holding turtles to gaining less of a fear for snakes to climbing huge rocks.
Her community partnership project. For my community partnership project, my 2nd grade class (that I was a student teacher for) read with a 1st grade class. A 2nd grader was paired with a 1st grader, and they each read a science related book. There were four books given out, and an activity went with each. The books were donated to the school so that the teachers can use them and the science activities in the upcoming years.
Congratulations Emily!

No comments:
Post a Comment