What does she do? I spend most of my time working as a nature instructor at the Walnut Creek Wetland Center in Raleigh. I also do free-lance writing and landscape design/horticultural consulting.
Favorite part of earning her certification? Of course, it was great to travel
to different parts of the state, visit EE centers that I had never been to and
meet other educators. But, I really enjoyed getting all the resource materials
and refer often to the many teaching guides, manuals, binders and notes that I
collected during the certification process.Certification experience that stands out for her? The Leopold Education Project workshop was one of my favorites. As part of our homework assignment for the course, I did one of the lessons with my 12 year old niece, Shelby, at a 100 year old family cabin in Northern Minnesota. The setting couldn’t have been more perfect for teaching one of Leopold’s land ethic lessons.
Her Community Partnership Project? I wrote and created training material for specific gardening tasks needed to maintain a typical community garden. The implementation and use of this training material will be carried out by my project partner, Interfaith Food Shuttle (IFFS) in their community garden program.
CONGRATULATIONS, CINDY!
No comments:
Post a Comment