What do you do?
I am a state park ranger who does just about everything. We educate everyone from kids to adults on a variety of topics. I love to educate park visitors on ethnobotany.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
My community action partnership. Building the dugout was lots of fun. And we use it for programs in paddling the lake.
What certification experience stands out for you?
Getting to experience the animals from all over the state and traveling to those locations.
What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
I built a dugout canoe. It is 24 feet long and is made of tulip poplar. We had such a great interest in the project that we have been featured in festivals, newspapers, state park publications, and even radio interviews. Its great to educate the local community on what great resources they have in their backyard.

No comments:
Post a Comment