I'm the Education Coordinator for Jackson County Soil and Water Conservation District. It's my job to work with school groups and community members to help educate about the wise use of our natural resources.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
My favorite part of earning my certificate was being able to meet some really great people and traveling to regions of the state I don't normally get to visit.
What certification experience stands out for you?
What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
I created an educational summer camp for students who just finished 6th grade. Students are exposed to different topics like soils, alternative energy, aquatics, forestry and wildlife by getting hands on experiences outside. The camp has affected the community by helping to create environmentally aware citizens and allowing students to gain respect and to become sensitive to the natural world through greater knowledge of themselves and their environment.

No comments:
Post a Comment