Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Greg Lewis

What do you do?
At the moment I am on disability with severe arthritis in my lower back. I am a Natural Resources Consultant providing pro-bono natural resource and land management consulting. I have been invited to continue teaching where I completed my teaching credits and I am a volunteer at the Museum of Natural Sciences. I have just begun working with a non-profit organization that provides service learning opportunities for underserved and at-risk youth. I also attend EE workshops as often as possible and when I can. My main goal is to pass along the knowledge and skills acquired through natural resources schooling and EE workshops.

What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
Attending all of the great workshops and meeting people with the same interests and goals that I have.The multi-day workshops are by far the best as they allow you time to get to know others in the workshops and network with others in the EE program. Coastal Field Biology at Fort Caswell, Advanced Air Quality in Maggie Valley and Amped up Amphibians at New Bern and Cliffs of the Neuse are examples of the multi-day workshops that I enjoyed the most.Getting in the dirt, mud, water and hiking in the woods and mountains are the experiences I enjoyed the most. It is a great way to learn!

What certification experience stands out for you? 
The Coastal Field Biology workshop at Fort Caswell with Jenny Fuller was the best with Advanced Air Quality and Amped up Amphibians right behind.

What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community? 
Rehabbing the Outdoor Classroom at Lead Mine Elementary School and creating a tree trail with tree ID. I also researched and provided the Common core and essential standards correlations for the teachers to use with PLT activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment