What do you do?
I am an elementary school educator. I have been teaching 5th grade in Kannapolis City Schools since 2002. I love getting my students outside and giving them unique experiences.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
My favorite part of earning my certification was practicing and sharing what I have learned with my family, friends, colleagues and students.
What certification experience stands out for you?
The experience from my certification that stands out most for me is being a part of the initial EGRET Fellows. Although I do not live in the Tar-Pamlico watershed I found the activities and experiences fun, valuable, and applicable.
What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
I created and facilitated an after school recycling/environmental group at my school. The Recycle Crew is a group of students that stay after school weekly to collect the schools recyclables. These students serve as representatives in their classroom to help communicate environmental friendly practices during the school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment