What do you do?
I am an environmental educator for the New Hanover Soil and Water Conservation District. I enjoy all things outdoor related, especially deer hunting, fishing, camping, and searching for critters in the woods.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
I really enjoyed the site visit requirements. It gave me the excuse to travel around the state and explore new areas!
What certification experience stands out for you?
The Advanced WILD workshop at Lake Mattamuskeet was an amazing experience. I'd never seen black bears in the wild before until this workshop, and that was super exciting for me!
What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
My community partnership project was an environmental education field day for all of the 6th grade students in the county. This project required a collaboration between many local groups and organizations, and it provides our young students the opportunity to experience the outdoors first hand and learn about stewardship. We're hoping this program will be continued for many years.

No comments:
Post a Comment