Monday, August 17, 2015

Stephenie Berggrun

What do you do?
I am a nonformal educator for a natural history museum. My primary duties include bringing programs and resources off-site to schools, libraries and community events. I teach life, earth and physical science topics as well as some precolonization American history.

What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
Having the opportunity to interact with like-minded individuals. When I started the program I was not in the field so this was especially important to me.

What certification experience stands out for you? 
Taking risks and stepping outside my comfort zone during the guided tours.

What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community? 
I assisted a local child development center in developing an Outdoor Learning Environment for their preschool students. The space is utilized during the summer by day campers age 5 to 11. Not only did this space provide a positive outdoor experience for these children, but the families and other CDCs became interested in the concept after seeing the finished space.

No comments:

Post a Comment