What do you do?
I work full time at Meredith College in Technology Services and I work part time as Park Aide at North West Landfill District Park. Neither of these are EE related, but I volunteer at Lake Crabtree County Park at special events and checking coverboards for herps. I've also been volunteering at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences for a couple of years. I worked some in the teaching collections and now I work special events when time allows. I'm also a CASP (Calling Amphibian Survey Program) volunteer, and that is one of my favorite things ever.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
My favorite part of the EE program was going to so many different places all over North Carolina and meeting many great educators! I really enjoyed all the workshops and I learned so much.
What certification experience stands out for you?
The outdoor experiences were my favorite, but I think another important part is the workshops in which you are required to participate in the activities and the teaching experiences. It' really helpful to see how others lead activities.
What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
I made a snake poster and a snake brochure for Lake Crabtree County Park. We all know what bad reputations snakes have! Since there are many snakes at the lake, both the park visitors and the snakes can benefit from humans having a better understanding of snakes. The information covered includes identifying snake species, the beneficial role of snakes, and safety around snakes.

No comments:
Post a Comment