What do you do? I am the conservation coordinator at Piedmont Wildlife Center. I conduct research with box turtles on our property. I also teach
at-school programs, field trips, and more with our live animals. In my
free-time I love to bird and love exploring parks around NC.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification? The workshops offered were amazing. I am consistently using the information I learned from the EE workshops.
What certification experience stands out for you?
I think my project was the most rewarding part of the
program. I worked for 6+ months to coordinate the BioBlitz, and to see it from
planning to implementation to results was a great experience. I gained
managerial experience and made a lot of great connections!
What was
your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
I coordinated a BioBlitz at Piedmont Wildlife Center in
Durham. I was able to recruit over 50 volunteers including the help of many
professionals. Most of these professionals I connected with through the EE
program. We had over 200 participants come out and enjoy all the educational
benefits of nature hikes, citizen science projects, and wildlife ambassador
programs. It was such a wonderful experience to see families get together and
reap the benefits of nature while educating them about the rich biodiversity of
North Carolina!

No comments:
Post a Comment