Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Joe Judge

What do you do?
I like to spend time outdoors, fishing, hiking, etc. I am attempting to change careers; from corporate america to parks and recreation. Obtaining this certification is one large step toward that goal.

What was your favorite part of earning your certification? 
I enjoyed all the different people I met. They are from all backgrounds and will use their certifications in many different ways; however, we are all like minded, and that gives me a sense of esprit de corps.



What certification experience stands out for you?
My favorite experience was the Mountain Trek given through the Museum. This was truly and adventure. It was non stop for 2 days and I loved every minute of it. The scope of topics covered was amazing. I really got a kick out of being with like minded people doing what we all love.

What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community?
My project was to create an outdoor classroom with a creek walk and a few exhibit areas along the trail. This area will allow the teachers of my chosen school to have access to a stream and woods that opens ups a huge range of topic possibilities. It also gives the students a safe place to explore during recess or after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment