Monday, June 3, 2013

Kristy Burja

 
What does she do? I am an environmental educator at Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) in Tryon, NC. I work with the elementary schools in Polk County doing in school and in nature programs based on the science curriculum standards for North Carolina.

What was her favorite part of earning EE Certification? I loved networking with fellow educators and learning new and exciting ways to teach about the environment.





What certification experience stands out for her? Over the course of my certification process, I participated in the Master Naturalist program. I had the unique opportunity to learn about the natural world from an amazing array of teachers. Becoming a Master Naturalist has helped me to incorporate new and exciting information into my own lessons.

What was her community partnership project? My project focused on increasing awareness about invasive plant species in my community. I organized an invasive plant workshop with my local extension agent and led several invasive plant removal projects in my community.

Congratulations Kristy!


No comments:

Post a Comment