Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Laine Roberts

Durham

Laine is the Water Conservation Specialist for the City of Durham. 

My favorite part of earning my certification was truly the workshops. I met wonderful people, learned new things and was exposed to EE centers that I either had no idea existed or would not have otherwise visited. I am a little sad that is over, but I look forward to my continuing education.

I worked at a Haw River State Park for a season as an outdoor environmental educator which definitely influenced my drive and passion for EE so I wanted to give back to the park that gave some much to me. For my community partnership project I decided to work with a boy scout group and we posted signs around the park.  At that time is was a newer park; having walked those trails many many times I knew there was a need for a bit more direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment