What do you do?
I am a part-time non-formal educator at Annie Louise Wilkerson, M.D. Nature Preserve Park on behalf of the City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources.
What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
I enjoyed getting to meet NC Park Rangers that hosted and participated in various programs, along with getting introduced to other EE participants that were working on fulfilling their certification.
What certification experience stands out for you?
There were many experiences that stand out in my mind, but the one that stands out the most was the first time I taught something to someone. It was during my PLT workshop in 2010 where I taught a school teacher the difference between xylem and phloem while discussing tree dichotomy.
My partnership involved the construction of a turtle basking platform and a brochure for Wilkerson Nature Preserve. It helps out the community in understanding that ponds can house various types of turtles as well as the difference between local turtle species.
No comments:
Post a Comment