Thursday, March 26, 2015

Crystal Lloyd

What do you do? 
I'm a park ranger for NC State Parks, I have lots of jobs to include law enforcement officer, first responder to medical emergencies, wild land firefighter, bathroom cleaner extraordinaire, weed eater and grass cutter, but most importantly an educator to not just school kids but to the general public.

What was your favorite part of earning your certification?
My favorite part of earning this certification was getting to travel to all the great parks and environmental education centers around the state and getting to connect with people other than park rangers!

What certification experience stands out for you?
I really enjoyed the PLT (Project Learning Tree) class I took at Jordan Lake State Forest, the staff out there was beyond excited to teach the class. The activities we did were very relevant to things I can teach at my own park.


What was your community partnership project and how did it affect the community? 
My community partnership project was placing a new amphitheater by the visitors center at my park. We had no outdoor teaching area around the new visitors center, so now rangers can still utilize all the great exhibits in out visitors center as well as have the visitors outside and connecting to nature. It also doubles and a nice place to picnic or take a rest after a hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment