Thursday, December 6, 2012

Michelle Pearce

I am the Early Childhood Environmental Education Specialist at The North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville.

My favorite part of earning my certification was traveling around the state (and country) for the different workshops, conferences and activities. I also really loved the opportunity to network with other educators from across the state.

I was able to participate in the Yellowstone in Winter teacher workshop with the Museum of Natural Sciences in January of 2012. It was an amazing learning experience, not to mention my first trip to Yellowstone!
 
My Community Action Partnership was creating the Mountain Science Expo. This is a western region science expo and an official event of the North Carolina Science Festival. Through this event we connected the Western North Carolina community with the science at play in their own backyard. Visitors were able to meet scientists, researchers and representatives from over 20 different organizations in the fields and science and ecology and interact with their hands-on demonstrations.

Congratulations Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment