Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nancy Williamson

What does she do?  I am a Park Ranger at Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve.

Favorite part of earning her certification?  The best part about earning my certification was refreshing my library of ideas for how to present programs to the public. I've been working as an environmental educator at different jobs around the country for the past 7 years, and I still learned so many different techniques from all the workshops I attended.

Certification experience that stands out for her.   No single experience stands out in my head, but having all the opportunities (excuses) to travel to other facilities and learn about other parts of North Carolina was fantastic.

Her community partnership project:  For my community partnership project, I helped a group of 3rd graders create a display to promote Weymouth Woods. It's a small park, and many people in the community aren't aware of the recreational and educational opportunities that it provides. I had the students come out to the park to take photographs and write quotes to capture and express their favorite part of their visit. I compiled all of their work and then had it displayed several places around the community in hopes of recruiting more visitors to appreciate the amazing natural resources we have at Weymouth Woods and in the sandhills region.



No comments:

Post a Comment